Friday 26 July 2013

1st learning reflection



Well My first learning reflection, I am feeling quite good I have made it this far and gained some new understandings.
So first I learnt how to create a blog using the tutorial on learn and blogger as well as you tube clips, after creating he blog I struggled with the challenge of writing posts as I kept clicking on ‘new blog’ instead of ‘new post’. But I have now perfected this and feel I am doing this quite well.
Next came my topic question, This took some grappling with to understand what the requirements were, after looking at the other blogs and forum posts I established the question and then adapted it a little, I feel I now understand the ‘change’ and what this entails but I know I still have quite a bit to learn.
Researching for items for the bibliography is something I have done before as was APA referencing but I still refer to the libraries resource to check my references.
Writing about my research topic I thought I knew what I was writing about but as I started to write my thoughts were changing and things became clearer. (funny how that happens) I was still a bit confused about what questions my research would require and I think after doing the readings for the week they are forming a list which will go into my plan for my research once I start typing it up I feel the questions will be at the point of making sense to enable them to be understood. (the task for the weekend)
Arena of change, this put a lot into perspective for me. I had never really thought about the fact that when one change is made it causes a ripple effect outwards and although the change is being made in the context of say the classroom the change travels along the ecosystem meaning changes across the school as well as to other areas of the community, government and even companies are affected by the change. I had to read the information about 5 times to understand it to this point (so I hope I have understood it right!)
I have just finished learning about the Characteristics of innovation, Concerns-based acceptance Models and Technology acceptance models within the personal context of the course. I found these very interesting but feel like I need to know more to understand it better.  The basic TAM model looks like it is the one that fits with my topic as well as the CBAM. The CBAM readings links quite well to the arena of change, these fit my topic so I can definitely see the links forming between readings and activities. I wouldn’t have seen the links if I hadn’t created my mindmap showing the ecological changes for my topic.
I still have a lot to learn. I still feel like I am overwhelmed with information but I am glad that it is sinking in. Currently I feel like I have more learning to do in relation to TAM’s and CBAM’s but it could also be the need to sleep on the information I have recently reviewed and see how I feel about it in the morning.
I find that sleep is great, I have been waking up with a clear head and some clearer understanding of what I have read.
And just because I love the quotes throughout this part of the course I feel I have to add them here.
Computers aren't magic. Teachers are magic. They can get results with or without the tool.
                                                                                           —Craig Barrett
New ideas pass through three periods: 1) It can't be done; 2) It probably can be done, but it's not worth doing; 3) I knew it was a good idea all along!
                                                                                           —Arthur C. Clarke
I begin with an idea and then it becomes something else
                                                                                           —Pablo Picasso
Technology is so much fun but we can drown in our technology. The fog of information can drive out knowledge.
                                                                            —Daniel J. Boorstin

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, I enjoyed reading your reflection and I really like the look of your blog. In some sense we are all saying the same thing and I also found I had to get my head around the characteristics of change in innovation. I read the first, and that made sense and seemed to fit, but then also did the second and then the third. Maybe we can pick the components that suit us best and then create our own model??? Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer. I thought your reflection was great. It shows the struggles and the learning that has developed throughout the three weeks. I to had to read the arena of change a few times. I think it was a really good read and showed clearly the effect the adoption of technology has in our arena.

    ReplyDelete