Sunday 28 July 2013

SP4Ed introducing myself


Hi,
I Live in Christchurch, New Zealand with my Partner and three children, I have recently graduated from Canterbury University with my BtchLn (primary) and I am now working towards my Post Graduate diploma in Education. I decided to do this with an endorsement in e-learning as it is an area in which I need to improve.

I was once told that within the classroom we are asking children to step out onto the 'silly bridge' or 'take a risk'. Well I think the same goes for teachers, we need to step out of out comfort zones and be prepared to take risks as well.

I am new to the online learning community, I have never used mOOC before, twitter is still a mystery and my blog was created a few weeks ago for my course requirements so I am still on a huge learning curve!

So to familiarise myself a little I read the 'learning environment' part and the links etc, (as you do) but I found this video helped me a lot, I am a visual learner and sometimes zone off the page when reading something that is straight text with no colours or pictures

http://vimeo.com/61837466

While I was watching it, I felt the need to write the following down:

Succeeding in a mOOC

  • Orient - Materials, times, Links
  • Declare - Link blog, join twitter
  • Network - Follow others, read/comment on posts, make connections
  • Cluster - Group of people to work with, similar interests
  • Focus - Keep focused, keep in mind why you are doing it.

By maintaining a blog I would like to become more comfortable with other people looking at my work, establish a routine of regular posts, and get comfortable with different online tools - blogger, twitter, mOOC etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment